Hey everyone! Today I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite pasta salad recipes (which, once again, I forgot to take a photo of. It disappeared before I even thought about it! That’s how you know it’s delicious). This awesome salad is served cold and is perfect for a pot luck, a BBQ or just for a really hot day when you don’t want to turn the oven on and heat up the whole house. Everything can be made on the stovetop ahead of time, and in fact is better made a little bit in advance.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 package uncooked spiral pasta
- 10 slices bacon
- ½ can Spam
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ package ranch dressing mix
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- dash paprika (optional)
- ½ cup milk (as needed)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles according to package instructions. Noodles are best cooked al dente. Drain.
- Fry bacon in a skillet. Drain and crumble into pieces
- Dice spam and fry in a skillet. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, milk and other spices together. Add noodles, bacon bits, spam, diced tomatoes, black olives and cheese. Toss to mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. If sauce thickens, toss with additional milk before serving.
There are a lot of different variations of this recipe, and you’ll have to just make it to see what combination of spices and how much of the ranch mix you want to incorporate. This recipe is super easy to modify and add your own spin! If you find any awesome additions or substitutions, be sure to share with us!!