While we have already talked about uses for white vinegar and even uses for baking soda, there are other great multi-taskers still out there—like apple cider vinegar! Today, I want to talk about 17 different ways you can use apple cider vinegar to benefit both your health and home.
1. Whiten Your Teeth – Gargle apple cider vinegar every morning to remove stains from your teeth as well as clean your gums! This will also help your breath smell better, you know, if that’s a problem.
2. Get Healthy Hair – Dilute 1 part apple cider vinegar with 4 parts of water and use as a hair treatment after shampooing. You can leave it on for about a minute, and seal it in with a cold water rinse. This will help remove dandruff and untangle your hair, as well as add a nice shine!
3. Sooth Your Sore Throat – Mix together equal parts warm water and apple cider vinegar and gargle as needed to help relieve your sore throat. This can even help clear up your sinuses. Add honey for an extra kick!
4. Get Rid of Hiccups – I hate getting the hiccups so I am always looking for an effective way to get rid of them. I have yet to try it, but it’s said that a teaspoon or a cap full of straight apple cider vinegar, while very sour, will stop hiccups!
5. Use As a Toner – One part of apple cider vinegar with 3 parts water makes a great face toner. You can use it up to three times daily. Feel free to add a few drops of tea tree oil to make it even more effective!
6. Sooth Your Sunburn or Detoxify – Adding apple cider vinegar to a warm bath can help detoxify and relax you. If you are sun burnt, it can also help restore your skin’s pH levels, which will help you feel much better! Feel free to add essential oils or Epsom salt to your bath as well, to help you relax. Ladies, adding apple cider vinegar can also help fight off a yeast infection in it’s early stages.
7. Anti -Itch and Anti-Fungal – Applying equal parts water and apple cider vinegar directly to an affected area of skin can help relieve itching and act as an anti-fungal. This is especially handy for things like bug bits, poison ivy, or ringworm.
8. Rub on Sore Muscles and Eliminate Bruises – Apple cider vinegar acts as an anti-inflammatory, which means not only can you rub it directly on your sore muscles, you can also help your bruises fade faster! This is especially handy for me, because a bruise like a peach.
9. Get Rid of Warts – Warts can happen to anyone, and rather than going to the store to purchase something to fix the issue, try apple cider vinegar! Soak a cotton ball, secure it to the wart with a band-aid, and leave overnight.
10. Help with Tummy Aches – Add a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your water or juice to help with an upset tummy. This will help with multiple tummy issues including reducing gas, improving digestion, ending constipation, and even preventing heartburn.
1. All-purpose cleaner – Mix 1 cup of water with 1 cup of apple cider vinegar, then add 30 drops of essential oils (lemon, sweet orange, tea tree) for tough all-purpose cleaner! This will work on especially hard tasks like removing candle wax, fighting mildew, and de-greasing.
2. Fight Odor – If, for whatever reason, you have a stinky house, simmer some apple cider vinegar on the stove for about an hour. If you have a concentrated smell or a lingering smell, like a litter box or smoke, you can leave a bowl of apple cider vinegar in the area.
3. Remove Stains – You can use strait apple cider vinegar on walls and floors to get rid of ink stains. Straight apple cider vinegar can also help remove various stains on furniture, porcelain, and stainless steel.
4. Clean the Washing Machine – If your washing machine is starting to get a little questionable and gross, spruce it up a little! Just run an empty cycle and add 2-3 cups of apple cider vinegar to the machine.
5. Get Rid of Coffee/Tea Stains – Mix apple cider vinegar with salt to create a textured scrub that can work to remove coffee and tea stains from your dishes! This is also a good way to clean your coffee pot.
6. Weed Killer – Straight apple cider vinegar can function as a weed killer! You can add a tiny bit of dish soap to increase effectiveness, but you’ll want to be careful. It kills most plants, not just weeds, and can harm soil, so you want to be sure you are keeping it out of your planting zones.
7. Trap Fruit Flies/Gnats – Pour some apple cider vinegar in a bowl, put plastic wrap over the top, and poke some small holes. The vinegar will attract gnats and fruit flies, and the plastic wrap will trap them in. I love this one!
Apple cider vinegar is super cheap and extremely diverse. There are so many different ways you can use it, and it can really benefit your day-to-day life. So jump on the bandwagon, and start gaining from the benefits of apple cider vinegar!
I’m sure there are plenty of uses I missed—how to you guys use apple cider vinegar? Share with me in the comments!