Moms are all hardworking with never-ending chore lists, but if you’re a homestead or old-fashioned type, then chances are mom’s workload is even larger. So, why not take some time this Mother’s Day and pamper mom a little bit? Or, just pick a random day and surprise her with some of these simple things.
1. Do her chores – Let mom have the day to do what SHE wants today! Pick some of the chores you know your mom hates doing and get up early to do them for her. Examples include laundry, feeding animals, dishes, cleaning…whatever needs to be done! Depending on how big your homestead is, you might not be able to do everything but every little bit will make her day a little brighter!!
2. Garden – Most gardeners I know hate weeding almost as much as they love their garden. If this is the case, help mom out by weeding her garden.
3. Clean the house – Nothing is worse than a dirty house. Spend some time cleaning around the house to let mom relax for an afternoon.
4. Honey-do List – Have mom make a honey-do list for the day, and let her put you (and the family) to work! Mom will love being able to finally get all those little things done, and your homestead will be grateful for it!
5. Spend the day away – Everyone deserve to have some time to themself, so why not let mom have an afternoon to herself? Encourage her to go shopping, visit the spa or movies—whatever she wouldn’t normally do, and don’t forget to set aside some fun money for a really fun time. Be sure to take care of the household chores for her so she can really relax when she gets back!
6. Cooking – If mom is always the one who cooks, switch things up and take over the kitchen for a day. Just be sure to clean up after yourself! Alternatively, if your mom loves cooking, then why not let her have free reign to try whatever dishes she wants?
7. Start a project together – Has your mom had a project she always wanted to do, but never had the time or materials? Well, then this is your opportunity! Buy her that fabric she always wanted, or take time to start clearing that area in back for a flower bed. Whatever the project, be sure you have all the tools you need!
What other things can you think of to help homestead moms relax? Share with me in the comments! And I hope you all have a happy mother’s day!!