Growing up, the favorite soup at our house was always tomato soup, and my mother used to make these cheesy bites occasionally as a treat instead of boring grilled cheese. They taste kind of like extra cheesy biscuits, but they’re bite-sized!
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Mix the salt and flour together in a large bowl
- Add the butter and shredded cheese
- Using your hands, mash together until the mixture forms a heavy doughlike substance and cleans the sides of the bowl.
- Use a spoon to portion out the dough and roll into balls
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet with edges and bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Let cool a few minutes before serving.
Be aware that if you microwave the butter instead of letting it soften naturally, the cheese bites will not stay round, and will flatten out when they bake. They should still taste fine though!