The presents have been opened and exclaimed over, the guests are gone and the dinner is over, and the host of the most wonderful time of the year is sometimes left with a ridiculous amount of leftovers. If you find yourself in this boat, don’t fret! There are tons of things you can do with your Christmas leftovers, and with a little ingenuity, no one will guess that they’re actually eating leftovers! Some of the recipes even will use more than one ingredient, depending on what you made for Christmas dinner.
Here are some of my favorite recipes from around the internet:
- Corny Ham and Potato Scallop – this recipe is delicious, and you can even add celery or other veggies
- Grilled Ham and Pineapple Sandwiches – one can only eat so many plain ham sandwiches, so try this to spice things up!
- Ham and Cheese Lasagna – This unusual take on lasagna is creamy and yummy
- Skillet Beef Stew – This recipe will use up a lot of those pesky side dishes
- Potato cakes – My brother used to love these and always requested them. I have used bread crumbs instead of flour, and crushed crackers work too.
- Cheddar Turkey Casserole – Anything with cheese is a favorite at my house, and this hearty casserole is great
Of course, you have the old standby of making pizza or a breakfast dish with your ham, or backing your chicken or turkey into some homemade mac’n’cheese. What are some of your favorite Christmas leftover recipes? Let me know in the comments!