Peanut butter is a favorite at my house. Creamy or crunchy, it doesn’t really matter all that much; we just absolutely love it. When I was a child, one of my favorite comfort foods was a milkshake that my mother used to call Elephant Milk. I’m not really sure if it’s something that she invented for her peanut butter-loving children or if it’s from a cookbook somewhere, but let me tell you that this drink is the absolute best!
Perfect with graham crackers or any kind of mild sugar cookie, elephant milk is the perfect mix of peanut butter and honey (or chocolate, if you prefer) and it only takes a second to make. This drink is pretty rich though, so you might not want a full glass.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream*
- ½ cup milk (amount may vary depending on how thick you prefer)
- 3 - 4 scoops peanut butter (to taste)
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons honey (to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Add all ingredients to bender
- Blend on high until smooth. Add more ice cream for thicker shakes, and more milk or additional water for thinner shakes
- Serve chilled