I love a good old-fashioned big Christmas morning breakfast just as much as anyone, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend hours in the kitchen while everyone else is enjoying their Christmas gifts. Here is one of my favorite recipes for an overnight breakfast casserole. Make it on Christmas Eve before everyone goes to bed, and then just pop it in the oven in the morning!
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
This delicious breakfast casserole can be made the night before and left to sit overnight. In the morning, just preheat the oven and throw it in--no fuss!
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 8 servings
- 3 c. cubed bread
- 3 c. cubed ham or fried sausage
- 3 c. grated cheese
- 2 c. crumbled bacon
- 2 T. melted butter
- 1 t. dry mustard
- 1 T. flour
- 6 eggs
- 3 c. milk
- Mix up the cubed bread, meat and cheese in a bowl then place in a 9x13 pan.
- Combine flour and mustard and sprinkle over bread/meat/cheese mixture.
- Beat eggs, butter and milk together then pour over bread mixture and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 and bake for 1 hour or until center is set.
This recipe would be excellent with some bacon sprinkled in, or cheese added on the top in the last few minutes of baking. You could also easily add some veggies and a side of fruit for a more healthy breakfast!
Leave a Reply