I’m a sucker for hot dishes during the winter, anything from chili, to soup, to delicious and warm dips. Plus, all of those things can usually be made in a crock pot, which makes prep time minimal and the whole process pretty simple.
With that being said, with winter in full swing here, I’ve been on a bit of a dip kick. While I have been experimenting with different dips more and more, my personal favorite remains buffalo chicken dip, so I thought I would share the recipe!
- 1 lb shredded chicken
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup hot wing sauce
- ½ cup ranch
- 1 - 2 cups shredded cheese**
- Red pepper, cumin, onion powder, or any other desired seasonings.
- 2 cups refried beans, or 1 cup refried beans and 1 cup pinto beans*
- Heat chicken and buffalo sauce in a saucepan.
- Add desired seasonings.
- Add cream cheese and ranch, and stir until everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Remove from head and add additional shredded cheese.
- Layer the refried beans into the bottom of your baking dish.*
- Add the buffalo chicken mixture over the refried beans.
- Bake at 400° for about 15 minutes, until edges are crispy.
**Feel free to add some more shredded cheese on your dip when it's almost done to make it extra cheesy!
I like my buffalo dip spicy, but you can turn down the heat by opting for a milder sauce or adding more ranch. It is absolutely delicious with celery or even carrots, and it’s a huge crowd pleaser!
Plus, it’s easily made in the crock pot if you need to leave it for the day. Just add all the ingredients in crock pot and keep it on low for a while!