There are literally hundreds of different ways to eat tomatoes, which is fortunate because tomatoes are one of those crops that either you have hardly any or you’re overflowing. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to spice up your tomatoes for a quick mildly-italian side dish then look no further!
These melted parmesan feta tomatoes are absolutely delicious and can be made with just about any kind of tomatoes. I used roma, because that’s what I had, but it would be excellent with regular tomatoes or even cherry tomatoes! If you’ve got picky eaters or a tight budget, swapping the feta for a bit of mozzarella will make it a bit cheaper and taste just as good!
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 tomatoes
- 1½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Dice the tomatoes in large chunks
- Place tomatoes in a greased casserole dish
- Sprinkle olive oil over tomatoes
- Dump cheeses over tomatoes
- Add oregano and bread crumbs
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are warm. Serve hot as a side dish.